The file database (FDB) is Fink's answer to http://packages.debian.org/ . A project being implemented by msachs and RangerRick, it will let you see which fink packages a file belongs to and vice versa. buildfink is typically used to populate the database, and the source is part of the buildfink tree.
- Permalink support (make things bookmarkable)
- Figure out relationship between FDB and PDB (integrate? subsume?)
- MySQL support
- Interface refinements (arrows don't load consistently, need to pretty it up)
- Move to Subversion?
- Allow buildfink to use the database to resolve missing deps
- Fancy operations (other than search and browse)