From the Fink Wiki
Revision as of 12:42, 11 June 2007 by Dmacks (Reverted edit of OlvJ36, changed back to last version by Dmacks)
- Use Text-Link ads which are not contextual and priced flat [Text-Links]
- Sell "Donation" via [Google checkout]
- Use AVN Ads [| AVN]
- Use Kontera contextual ads as they are less intrusive [Kontera FAQ]
- Have Google Adsense enabled for the Package Database Dmalloc
Known issue: Adsense has a return Value of about 4 to 5 US dollar for every 1000 impressions. Page loading will be slowed down.
Note: There are many designs left over from the logo contest where we own the rights. That could be a very good way of making a quick revenue.
- Affiliate Programms. [Platinumpartner] seems like a good choice as well as [Sharesale] Dmalloc
- For general information consult this [Forum]
Note: This would violate our no ads policy. This would only work for none sourceforge locations.
Note: This is especially well suited for the European market.
Note: This violates our no ad policy and it would nto work on Sourceforge.
- Publish a Fink User and Developer Manual. Network Theory publish books about free software that are freely redistributable. Bmaret
Note: Most (all?) of the material is already present on Fink website and Fink wiki.
National Science Foundation Grant
- Fink has helped to bring computing infrastructure to the research community. In my field (biophysics) it has made a major impact. This looks like one possible NSF program: Computing Community Consortium (CCC): Defining the Large-Scale Infrastructure Needs of the Computing Research Community
Full Proposal Deadline(s) (due by 5 p.m. submitter's local time):
June 10, 2006